An effective shared services operation is customer-focused. To keep that focus when building or rebuilding a shared services operation try following these seven steps:
- Identify the customer community – Classify customers by respective roles across the entire organization, not just the business units that the shared services directly supports
- Assess requirements and expectations – Ask the customer community for specificity around their business needs and confirm their service expectations
- Implement analysis measures – Analyze the stakeholder community, by role, and utilize input to establish and maintain metrics to help evaluate effectiveness
- Align service functions – Set operational standards for the alignment of shared service functions to the customer business functions and leverage synergies
- Measure and Improve – Plan and measure customer satisfaction of the shared services, not just through standard SLAs, but also through outcomes (productivity improvements) and customer satisfaction surveys
- Create line of sight – Define, measure and report service levels on a global, regional and market level basis. This promotes customers visibility into the value brought by shared services
- Incent behavior – Empower and motivate shared services employees to provide world-class customer service
These are the basics of a customer focused shared service organization, but ultimately in order to advance the organization further, there has to be a cultural evolution to adopt a problem solving mentality, that is aligned with the business needs they support.
To learn more about what Wavestone US can do for your company, visit http://www.wavestone.us/capabilities/.
Optimizing the 3 Stages of Your Cloud Software Development Lifecycle
May 25, 2023
Your Cloud Optimization Strategy requires seamless coordination between optimization levers throughout the SDLC to produce and maintain effective cloud solutions. Discover best practices and improvement opportunities for each lever, where they fit in the SDLC, and how to synergize them effectively.
Accelerate Cloud Maturity with the Right Cloud Optimization Strategy
May 18, 2023
Migration is only the beginning of the cloud journey. Moving to the cloud is not enough to leverage its advantages – a central, organized framework is needed to direct efforts. Learn to formulate a strategy customized to your needs and optimize your cloud enterprise continuously with a Cloud Optimization Strategy.
Have a Question? Just Ask
Whether you're looking for practical advice or just plain curious, our experienced principals are here to help. Check back weekly as we publish the most interesting questions and answers right here.