When it comes time to renew your IT outsourcing agreement, you have important questions to consider: Am I happy with the level of service I am getting? How can I make it better? Am I paying too much for the level of service I am getting? Is my outsourcing team as motivated as I am for change? Answers to these questions will help you determine whether or not you should re-compete that agreement or find a new services provider.
In this brief, we’ll share five key tips you should consider when undertaking an IT outsourcing contract renewal so that you can avoid the pitfalls of the process and instead focus on IT initiatives that will deliver your business needs. They include:
- Wipe the slate clean. Your service contract renewal is a renewal, not an extension.
- Compare, compare, compare. Take a 360-degree approach and find out how your current contract compares to the same scope of services in today’s marketplace.
- You’ve got leverage as the client. Remember to use it.
- This is your business partner, not an IT vendor—view your work together that way.
- Change Management: the people, the organization, the culture.