Over the past decade, organizations have undergone significant technological advancements and the digitalization of stored data. These advancements bring with it new, sophisticated threats—namely data breaches. Cybercriminals are leveraging data hacking and fraud technologies to steal monumental amounts of sensitive data. Organizations face damage to reputation and intellectual property if they do not implement the necessary security measures to defend against such attacks. New regulations (NYS DFS, GDPR, CCPA, etc.), as well as an increasing number of attacks in recent times, indicate that we should focus more effort on data protection.
To address these issues and help protect our clients against cybercriminals, Wavestone US consultants are using the power of machine learning and other innovative techniques to transform data protection programs. Our approach consists of:
- Anticipating new trends in the fight to protect an organization’s data
- Defining strategies to protect data that is consistent with the risks, business challenges, and organizational impacts of a business
- Identifying vulnerabilities for business processes and business applications
- Determining what data is sensitive and creating procedures for labeling data
- Implementing controls for data protection, such as DLP, data at rest, in use, or in transit encryption, data flow encryption, e-DRM, physical and container level encryption, etc.
- Implement data cleansing procedures, like data protection policies and a cleansing taskforce
Our proven methodology is designed to be fluid and results-driven to meet our client’s expectations. The following diagram represents the critical steps in Wavestone’s review, design, and implementation process.